BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 10, 2011

I have the Right

Before I drifted off to sleep you came swimming to my mind. You do that a lot. But instead of inviting you into my thoughts, letting you dwell within me for another agonizing night, I told you no. The shock on your face broke every place in my heart. I didn’t want to tell you no. But don’t you see, I had too. Then you drifted away from me and fell into another’s arms. This was the hardest to see. I turned away, completely shattered, but not dying.

This is where I realized that I have the right. I possess within me every right to control you just as much as you control me. I hope that you can see with crystal clarity that a boundary line has been drawn the second you took her hand. I can no longer let you in. You said no first and therefore, I can deny you too.

I will do this with the utmost love and respect for you. I will always care for you, there is no denying that. One cannot fall out of love. I will be gentle. But know from this point forward it is always going to be completely different.

0 comments: