BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Work

I have always wondered what it would take
to break that ice-cold countenance you hold,
and how I could reach somewhere
deep within your passions
to make you see that I want us to be beyond this world.
And maybe if you just gave me a chance
that would make all the difference
to our dreams and our hardest desires.
And I remember thinking of you as so strange
your first day in Spanish class.
Greasy hair strangled your face as you tried
to stand strong against the fierce beast
that was being the new kid in high school.
I remember saying hello out of pity.
I was the too kind Christian girl,
who actually hated herself more than any one believed.
Fat and out of place, trying to figure out the world.
We talked of bands and California.
And now, I am half-way around the world
and hope still flickers on and off for you.
And I see this longing deep within you
to be something greater than just another
Suburban mutt who fell in love with the idea of literature, music and perfection.
And I wonder if you ever saw something in me.
I just want to make it work.
I want to make something out of our nothing.

0 comments: